Monday, April 3, 2017

E-mail 04/03/2017 Last Letter

This has been a great week.

Tuesday, we had a lesson with a guy that we had tracted into Sunday, and we had a good lesson with him and he understood everything fairly well, that is except for the Book of Mormon. For some reason, no matter how many times or how we present it, he just doesn't understand it. And because he's an older fellow, he loves to talk, so after the closing prayer it took us another ten minutes to leave. He's a good guy.
Later, we went by a lady that Elder Peterson taught on the exchange, but she wasn't feeling good so we set up a return appointment. We then did our service at the Salvation Army.
Lastly, we went to a part member family's home that we were going to have dinner with, and when we got there, the wife answered the door and we could immediately tell something was wrong. They let us in, and we found out that they had a family member passed away so they were understandably upset. We talked with them for a little bit, doing what we could, then left. They had forgotten that we were coming for dinner and thought we had just stopped by, and we found it expedient not to mention anything.
Wednesday, we first stopped by a potential investigator who we had talked to on the phone a few days before, but no one answered. So we just drove to Madisonville for District Meeting, it was really good, and long. Jerry was there, along with the Zone Leaders. Afterwards us and the Madisonville elders had lunch. Then on the way back, we made some stops to some people at the edge of our area.

Thursday, we had an appointment with a potential who had gotten a hold of us. We're super excited and we get there and NO ONE ANSWERED! Why?! We even knew someone was there but didn't answer. So we left and went to the park and fed the animals. Then we went to Evansville to send my bike and I got everything taken apart quickly except for the pedals, and after awhile, and because we had a member waiting, I admitted defeat and took my bike to the nearby bike shop and asked them to do it. They hooked it to a frame and grabbed a tool and had them off within two minutes. So we got the bike boxed and shipped. We then saw one of our investigators, gave her a magnifying glass that was randomly at our apartment so she can read the Book of Mormon now and invited her to watch General Conference. We then had dinner with some members and had coordination.

Friday, we had weekly planning, then most of the rest of the day wasn't so good, no one would answer there phones or doors. But then we had dinner with members and that was pretty good.

Saturday, General Conference was amazing! I learned so much! Some of my favorite were Elder Bragg, and Elder Nelson on Saturday morning, then Elder Bednar during Priesthood Session, also, remember rule #6.

Sunday, was good as well, loved Conference, and we got an investigator to watch the last session at a members home, and it was really good, but he still had trouble understanding things.

Well, that's my final week in the mission. It's so weird that this is it, but I'm excited to see my family!

Love y'all!
Elder Durrant
Great Kentucky Louisville Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment