-

-

Monday, September 28, 2015

E-mail 09/28/2015

Hi everyone!

So not a lot happened this week so I will talk about some of the highlights.

Monday I made cookies and did a puzzle, and let my mind turn off for a couple of hours.

Tuesday we started doing a weekly bible study that we, the missionaries, are teaching so that's going to be lots of fun!

Wednesday was a lot of biking and people missing appointments, but so go's the mission life.

Thursday we had an awesome district meeting and had a district lunch, 10 missionaries! I got pictures!

Friday, so this past week Elder Wallace has been having bad coughs and it's been keeping him up late at night, (it doesn't bother me, after learning to stay asleep with a crying baby in the room, I can sleep through coughing.)  We finally called Sister Brough and I described what I could and she told us what to do, so I am taking what I learned from Mom and being merciless in making sure he does what he is supposed to do! Thanks Mom for loving me enough to make sure I got better, even with all of my complaining ;)

Saturday, we saw the two appointments we had set up, then we followed the doctors orders and he rested for the rest of the day. Oh almost forgot, we got transfer news, I am staying here and Elder Wallace is being transferred to South Jordan YSA.

Sunday we had an awesome testimony meeting, and then we had dinner with Elder and Sister Bailey, (mission office couple) then they took us to a monthly fireside for recent converts and investigators, and the wierd thing was that we were taking an investigator and he was in the car and then at the last moment he gets out of the car and go's back inside... ya we are going to find out what happened.  The fireside was awesome, it was the first one I've been to, and I'm really glad I was there!  Elder Koenig was there with one of the investigators that we've been working with, and she went up and told everyone that she's getting baptized! and after the meeting she asked me to give a talk at her baptism.  I just need to get permission from President Brough and I'll be back in E-town!  I'm so happy!

Love y'all!
Elder Durrant
Great Kentucky Louisville Mission

Quote of the week:
"The greatest compliment that can be earned here in this life is to be known as a covenant keeper."
-Elder Russell M. Nelson

Back row left to right: Elder Sharp, Elder Waite, Elder Matelau, Elder
Wallace, Elder Seymore, Elder Butler, Elder Durrant
Front row left to right: Elder Langford, Elder Bennett, Elder Stedman 
Our District lunch
This is a picture that Elder Wallace took 
at the beginning of the transfer, 
well trying to kill himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment