Monday, January 25, 2016

E-mail 01/25/2016

Hello Family! This has been a busy week.

Monday, we got a call from a member who wanted us to come over. So that night (and it was exceedingly cold) we went to see him, and had a good lesson. Afterwards we walked over to the bus stop, but it didn't come for almost an hour, so we decided to go see a part member family that lived about a mile away, so we started the long trek west in the cold darkness. Well by the time we were 3/4 the way there, we decided to hide in McDonald's so our frozen eyes could unfreeze, that took a little bit. Well when we got to the family, they were going to bed so we couldn't see them, so we caught a bus and slowly made our way home.

Tuesday, it was still exceedingly cold outside, but Elder Morrow had work he needed to do online, so we went to the church and had our studies there. Afterwards, we went around as delivery boys, because a lot of people ordered bibles, but low and behold, none of them were home, so we are still working on that. Then that evening we helped the Roy's clean an older Ladies carpets.

Wednesday, there was a worldwide missionary training, so we went to the church that we have district meeting at, and it was also our first real snow fall. When we got there the zone leaders and some other missionaries were cleaning the side walks off the church and the mission office next door. When we got there I don't know who started it but snow balls started being thrown, and it quickly turned into an all out snowball fight, and since it was powdered snow it was hard to make snow balls, but I showed them some tricks I learned from Dad that were really great (snicker). Right in the middle of it, President and Sister Brough show up, told us not to have too much fun then walked inside. Well soon afterwards we went inside as well, had a short district meeting, then had the training and my mind was exceedingly blown, it was pretty cool. Afterwards we all went and had a district lunch, started an exchange with the zone leaders, and I was able to go with my old trainer, Elder Chandler, that was a lot of fun.

Thursday, we had our Tuesday service today for some reason, but it was still fun, even with the high chance of us sliding on the slippery snow and "hurting" ourselves. Then we ended our exchange at lunch with some other missionaries.

Friday was interesting, we were all told to stay inside, or stay close to the apartment, because a huge snow storm was expected, so the other Elders spent the night and we spent the day playing the game we've been working on. Frankly we're underwhelmed with the storm. But I did get a video of the other three run around the outside of the house barefoot, ya I wasn't that bored.

Saturday, we had a lesson with the Adams family that went really well, they had a ton of questions, that we answered. As we were leaving we realized that we were there for 3 hours, oops, but it was a really good lesson.

Sunday was great, the Adams came to church and loved it. We were fed and we were finally able to do our weekly planning, that we had been pushing off.

Overall it was a good week.

Love you all!
Elder Durrant
Great Kentucky Louisville Mission

It was really cold.

This was pretty cool to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment