Monday, February 1, 2016

E-mail 02/01/2016

Wow! What a week! That's original... Anyway! This has been a good week.

Monday, as we were on the bus to go email, we past an apartment building that was surrounded by 15 or so cop cars, with 20 or more cops, and several of them had big guns. What exactly happened, I don't know.

Tuesday, we did our weekly service, but this week we got to go to the "Southern Baptist Theological Seminary" which was funny seeing four Missionaries doing service at a place that trains people to bash with us. Then we got a quick two minute tour of the place. All in all, it was an ok place but not nearly as cool as the MTC. That afternoon an older sister from the branch, who reminds me a lot of Sister Etherington, had all four of us over for lunch. Funny thing is, she wasn't even close to being ready when we got there, but she absolutely refused to let us help, thankfully the sister had invited another sister from the branch to come over. The second sister was able to help her and we ate an hour later than planned, but it was still really good and we were very thankful for her feeding us.

Wednesday, Elder Morrow had his district leader conference call and while he was on that, the bishops food truck showed up two hours early. He finished and we went out and helped. Come to find out, it came exactly when it was supposed to, just no one thought to let us know, so luckily we were there. Later that day we stopped by the Carpenters, because we hadn't seen them in a few weeks, and he was home! So we got to see them and we have started teaching them again. Later we saw the young man we've been teaching, and we ended up playing basketball with him. No one was really keeping score, so shortly before we had to go, we challenged him to a shoot off. He and Elder Morrow then took turns, and after a ton of throws, Elder Morrow managed to get it in first, so we won.

Thursday, we had a great district meeting, then started an exchange. I went with Elder Robinson in his area and we did a lot of biking and riding on the bus, but we did get a lot done. At the end of the night Elder Robinson wanted to race, we were only going a short distance, but his foot slipped, so I won. Then his tire blew out, so that just added to my victory. Lucky we were by a bus stop and we were able to take the buses home. Oh, I almost forgot, at one point we went back home to get more materials, we stopped and talked with a drunk guy. It was kinda weird because of some of the things he was saying, and his dog was very excited to see us. Then the weirdest thing that happened was, he believes that Romans 16:16 is translated correctly, and then he gave us a peck on the neck, which was really creepy but I didn't want to get shot by this guy so we let it happen, then we quickly got to the apartment. When we got there, I put my head in my hands and thought to myself, "The apostasy is so real..." But that was our day.

Friday we had some time before we ended the exchange, they were out of bike patches, so we got on the bus and took it to the bike shop. It was 10:25 and it didn't open until 10:30, so we walked around the block to kill time. When we got there it wasn't open, and they had changed their sign so they don't open until 11:00. We decided to get back on the bus to go back to their area (because the bike shop is in mine) to talk with people, but by the time we got back up, it was time to go back down. We got the patches, went back to the apartment, fixed the bike, and went out to see some people. So that whole adventure took us about an hour and a half all together. Well when we ended the exchange, we had lunch together. When they left we did our weekly planning, Bro. Roy came and we had dinner with his family for Hunter, and we sang happy birthday to him.

Saturday morning we were doing a lot of service and lost track of time, we missed the bus we were supposed to catch, so we ended up being an hour late to our lesson with the Adams, but it was still really good. We even had a member come out with us, they are doing well, still working on some things, but they have the desire. Then all four of us were fed by the first counselor in the branch presidency. Afterwards we had to make our way to our death, oh, I mean to the Relief Society presidents house for our accidental second meal appointment. It wasn't too bad, but were we full! We also got transfer news, I'm staying, Elder Morrow is being sent home. So I will be here for at least 7 more weeks.

Sunday all four missionaries gave talks, they were pretty good. We got to help teach the third hour, and that was interesting. But that's the most exciting things that happened.

Love you all!
Elder Durrant
Great Kentucky Louisville Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment