-

-

Monday, April 18, 2016

E-mail 04/18/2016

Yellow everyone!

Monday, it rained really hard, but it wasn't too bad because we were inside most of the time. And then when it was time for us to go out, it had cleared up.

Tuesday, I was FINALLY able to send off that package, and then Elder Crystal's bike was messed up even more from the crash (it was already in bad condition by the time I got here) so we went over to the bike shop and he found a really good bike, at a really nice price, so he got that and now I can't keep up with him. He went from a bike just like mine, to a hybrid road bike. He challenged the Zone Leaders to a bike race without telling them he got a new bike, and they quickly accepted, and the two losers would buy the two winners Blizzards. So there was a little bit more trash talk this last week than there normally is with basketball.

Wednesday, we had district meeting and it was spectacular, amazing, awe inspiring, all about humility too! Oh and I was the one that gave it! (Mwahahaha!) just kidding, I did give it, but it was about using chapter 8 of PMG, and I think I did a pretty good job, even if I do say so myself. ;) Later we were going through the member list but wasn't having much success mostly because it was in the middle of the day, and around here, not too many people are home then. Then we had an earlier dinner than normal, we then went and tracted a few neighborhoods with the Hermana's to help them find people to teach. After we had finished in one area, we were waiting for them to come back so they could tell us where the next place to go was, and I was just standing there minding my own business when I got hit! I looked down and there was bird poo on my arm, I was not happy. But all of us found people to teach so I can deal with it.

Thursday, we had our weekly planning, and that was about the most exiting thing that happened that day.

Friday, we did something interesting, since elders can't go on exchanges with sisters, Elder Crystal does something else. We have a two on two meeting with the sisters (with a member there), he sees how they are doing, if there is anything he can do for them, then does a mini training. Later we had a lot of people planned in the day, but we were only able to get in with some recent converts and some less actives.

Saturday, was a repeat of Friday when it came to lessons. We had coordination with our new ward mission leader, then had dinner with a part member family, and they fed us goulash and it was great! Then that evening we had the race! Where we chose to do it was 2.1 miles long, and I was absolutely destroyed, they all had road bikes, and I had a 45lbs trail bike. Elder Crystal won and the Zone Leaders tied for second, at least that's what I was told, I was too far behind to see anything, so I owe someone a Blizzard.

Sunday, we had a good sacrament meeting, the last speaker tried to use popular movies to help people connect with gospel teachings, it was rather interesting. Later we took the sacrament to the two members in the hospital, then tried some referrals and we ended up playing some basketball with some 6-10 year old boys.

Well that was my week love ya!

Elder Durrant
Great Kentucky Louisville Mission







No comments:

Post a Comment