-

-

Monday, May 11, 2015

E-mail 05/11/2015

Wow! what a week (wow that's original)
      It was awesome this past week! And it was awesome talking to y'all yesterday, and fun to see and hear how all of you are doing, and I loved seeing my Mama on Mother's Day.  Well there is a miracle story I wasn't able to share, so I will tell it now.  On Friday night, as we were planning, we had a feeling to see one of our investigators the next day so we planned it at 4, but I had a feeling to see them sooner than that so we changed it to 11.  When we were almost there, we see these guys, so we go on over to talk with them; well two of them leave but we started to talk with the third guy and we ended up teaching him all of lesson 1 (he just soaked it all up), we inviting him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and to know if what we said was true. He said he already knew it was true and would come to church.  He ended up not coming but that's ok for now, AND we gave him the baptismal commitment and he said he would and we even set a date! IT WAS AWESOME! 
      Then on Sunday during Elders quorum, I started to fall asleep so I opened up the scriptures and I opened to 2 Nephi 1:23 and the first three words are "Awake, my sons;" and so I glanced up and thought to myself "ok I get the message". 
      It was so much fun talking with you all, and afterword Bro. Robinson gave us a ride and it's cool, so he's a police officer so we rode in his cop car and I was in the back and felt slick.  I was in a bubble, but I didn't get to wear the silver bracelets but maybe next time ;-)   He took us to another members house so Elder Chandler could talk with his family.  Well that's about all of the highlights of my week.  We did find out that missionaries will be staying in areas for an average of 6 months now with some exceptions.

So my scripture and thought for this week:

2 Nephi 1:23

Awake, my sons; put on the armor of righteousness. Shake off the chains with which ye are bound, and come forth out of obscurity, and arise from the dust.

I see that as telling us to get off are behinds, to put on the whole armor of God, forget about worldly standing and pier pressure, etc. etc. etc. and bring the gospel to all the world.

Love you all!
Elder Durrant

These are from Bro. Robinson
These are from Bro. Robinson 
I swat you Satan!
Oh ya
I wasn't sure what he was giving me,
but they're just mints
That's me

No comments:

Post a Comment