-

-

Monday, May 18, 2015

E-mail 05/18/2015

   Haza! no that one doesn't sound right. I need one that when people hear it, they think "That is him alright."
  Well this week has had it's ups and downs, but no one wants to hear the downs, so I'll just tell the ups.  First we got this lady back on a baptismal date, and it was an awesome experience.  Saturday we got a downpour, and it wasn't so bad.  I mean I've been in worse, but not on a bike, so we got out of it at a gas station.  Then we went to a couple of recent converts and helped out where we could.  Other than that, this week has been kinda boring.  We did find out what Elder Chandler does when he's tired.  Oh, and one really cool thing I have learned while being here, is a lot of people don't want to hear what you have to say, but many of them have told us how great it is we are out here so young talking about what we believe.  One guy even told us "I see the world going to ...., but seeing you guys out here doing what you're doing gives me hope."  Like I said he didn't want to hear but that was a great experience for me. Oh and I saw the Mormon message called "Lift" and I was like, "I know those guys!" and I can't believe I never heard about this until now, or I just didn't pay attention, but that was awesome and we even used it as part of a lesson, and yes I liked how big Bro. Morrison's muscles are. Well this is the beginning of week six in the field and half way through training, so excited!


Scriptures and thought: Mosiah 8:15-16

 15 And the king said that a seer is greater than a prophet.

 16 And Ammon said that a seer is a revelator and a prophet also; and a gift which is greater can no man have, except he should possess the power of God, which no man can; yet a man may have great power given him from God.

So when I read this, it hit me, that when we sustain President Monson, his two counselors, and the quorum of the twelve, we are saying we believe/know them to be prophets, seers, and revelators, and saying that they have been given great gifts from God to lead his church. And that great power given to man is the priesthood power which is the power of God, and through us, He can and will do anything as long as we stay worthy to hold that priesthood.

That's my two cents

Love you all!
Elder Durrant

This is what happens when Elder Chandler is tired. 
This is what Elder Chandler has to say for being tired 
Awe isn't it cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment