-

-

Monday, May 2, 2016

E-mail 05/02/2016

Hello everyone, it's your favorite waterlogged missionary! It's been an interesting week.

Monday, me and one of the Zone Leaders took our bikes into the bike shop, because we both needed repairs that were beyond my skill.

Tuesday, we went on an exchange with the zone leaders, I went to their area because my bike was still in the shop. We went out trying by inactive members, when we got a call from the other elders in our district, they needed a pickup. We made our way back, and by the time we got to them, there had been one wave of heavy rain, but wasn't too bad when we got there. We took them to the bike shop, then had to rush to a lesson, and by this point the sky was getting dark with a hint of green. The lesson went well, it was long because her little boy was extremely active. The best part was, he was sitting next to me and would randomly point at me and say " Get this 'thing' out of my house!" What?! The lady we were teaching was so embarrassed, but I just laughed. All in all, it was a good lesson. Later we found out that a tornado hit several miles from us.

Wednesday, our district meeting was on the spirit, and it was great. We then went to lunch as a distinct and on the way there, we got side swiped. Nothing too bad, no one got hurt, just a big headache with everyone involved. But we did make it to lunch and had a good time. We then had another "exchange", sort of, and I helped with the paper work. We then tried by some people, then picked the other two elders up from the church because they were completely soaked.

Thursday, we went to an appointment that took us an hour to get to, because I had to walk, then when we got there, the guy didn't want to talk right then, so we had to walk back home. I finally got my bike back, so that meant I didn't have to walk all day.

Friday, we did service for someone, and we were bringing things up from the basement, and the smell down there was awful, all of us wanted to throw up, but we got it done. We then went home and got showers. Then went and met with some of the sisters at the church to see how they were doing, then gave them a little training. We then biked to a less actives home to see how they were doing, then biked back to the church for coordination.

Saturday, we had a lesson with someone we had talked with earlier in the week. We talked for a little bit, then shared a very powerful restoration lesson with her and she loved it. We even set a baptismal date with her, so we will see how this goes. We then saw the member in the hospital and visited with him for a bit. We then tried a few people, then had dinner with the part member family we see every week, and we were finally able to make plans with the parents to teach their kids.

Sunday was good, church went by quickly. Elder Crystal got us in trouble, he challenged a member to join the bike races, then that member invited the bishop to join. Now normally I wouldn't be too worried, but through different sources, we found out that the bikes they have are easily between 2-5 THOUSAND dollars, so... We are doomed. Later we took the sacrament to the member in the hospital, then had dinner with an active family, and it was great. One of their kids is almost as crazy as I am, that's probably why he wanted to play with me the whole time we were there, and let's just say, I now have teeth marks in my iPad case, because it was either that, or my legs. It was great, he was a mix between John and Elizabeth.

Well, I'm excited to see you next Sunday.
Quick shout out, Happy Birthday Dad!

Love ya!
Elder Durrant
Great Kentucky Louisville Mission


My district
Front row, Elder Crystal
Middle row, Elder Conlin, Elder Peck, Elder Stedmen, Elder Hansen, Elder Durrant.
Back row, Sister Honey, Sister Bancroft, Hermana Larson, Grandma, 
Hermana Starling, Sister Webb, Sister O'ceffe (I think that's how the last one is spelled.)

My district
Front row, Elder Crystal
Middle row, Elder Conlin, Elder Peck, Elder Stedmen, Elder Hansen, Elder Durrant.
Back row, Sister Honey, Sister Bancroft, Hermana Larson, Grandma, 
Hermana Starling, Sister Webb, Sister O'ceffe (I think that's how the last one is spelled.)


No comments:

Post a Comment