-

-

Monday, September 12, 2016

E-mail 09/12/2016

Good morning y'all!

Well Tuesday and Wednesday was the same thing of trying by people, and trying to get in contact with our investigators.

Thursday, we and our weekly planning, and in the evening we had coordination, and I finally got to meet the branch mission leader. He has been on vacation or working since I got here. He told me I looked like a member of a family he knows in Utah that owns the piano store off of I-15. Well after the meeting he had his wife come down and he introduced me to her, changing my last name to the other family, and she just looks at him and says "No his not." Then tell me to show her my name tag well he's trying to convince her that I look like them, and she just pops his bubble by saying I don't. So that was a funny experience, and of course they both asked me if I was related to George Durrant. One of these years I will find out how we are connected, but until then I get to do mental face palms every time.

Friday we had district meeting, and I don't remember if I told you last week, but there was a big change, there are three companionship of Sisters/Hermana's, one of which is a threeship, then there's our district leader and his companion, the seiner couple, and elder Long and I, then the assistance showed up, so there were a lot of people at district meeting.

Saturday, we helped the guy at the gas station, and we got some much needed rain and boy did it come down, but it didn't last very long.

Sunday, we had stake conference, the very first one I've been able to go to on my mission, because I've ether gotten transferred right before, or my companion has been sick. So it was great. I was able to see a lot of people from the Newburgh ward, President and Sister Brough were there, and Elder Gillenwater of the seventy, who was just sustained this past General conference and lives in the stake. Then a member of the presidency of the seventy was going to come, but he got sick right before and wasn't able to come. All in all, it was a good day.

Love y'all!
Elder Durrant
Great Kentucky Louisville Mission




No comments:

Post a Comment