-

-

Monday, June 15, 2015

E-mail 06/15/2015

     Hey everyone!
     How's all y'all doing?
     Yes I'm still working on the southern accent.
     Well this week has been full of biking. Like yesterday on our way home we where racing, and when we got there, Elder Chandler got there first, but he had to cut across the grass to do it, so otherwise I would have gotten there first.  Then our neighbor (this nice older lady) told us that she was going to give us a ticket for racing. Ha ha.  But seriously we've been doing A LOT of biking and teaching.  Also, there are these kids in the neighborhood that like to talk with us, and two of them are determined to ride my bike.  My bike is bigger and heaver than both of them combined, and they are barely taller than it  (I still need to figured out what I'm going to call my bike)  so there is no way they will be riding it, but they keep trying anyway.
     Last Monday we went by a war memorial and got some pictures with a tank (I'll be sending pictures) and it's cool how I'm glowing in it!
     On Tuesday, we taught the deaf lady again, it's very interesting and I need to work on my ASL, I hope everything works out,  She has a baptismal date and seems to be understanding everything.
     Then on Wednesday, me and Elder Chandler went from one corner of our area to another corner to help these people move a cabinet from up stairs to the main floor, and it was one of those things that you wander how they got it up there in the first place.  Then we biked four or five blocks down to meet up with the zone leaders for a meeting with the ward mission leader, and we did all of this in the space of 30-40 minutes.  Was I tired afterwords!
     On Thursday night, we had gone to a members house and we shared a message and then they took us to another members home where the people were having a get together with friends in the ward.  You know the worst part about it?  There were all these little kids and I couldn't play with them, IT WAS AWFUL! but the food was really good.  It was funny, we got talking with one of the Moms on what happened when we would fight or not behave during church when we where little and I shared with her Dad's favorite scripture in Mosiah and how you would make us memories it then resite it back to him, she said she loved it and would try it out. Ha ha.
     Then on Friday, we had Zone Meeting, and President Brough showed up. The meeting was awesome, and afterwords I showed the picture with the tank and asked him if it was a mission appropriate vehicle, he said no. I then said "but I'm glowing with the spirit." He said, and these are he's exact words (I think) "No you are not glowing with the spirit, you are glowing with the pride of being on a vehicle of the United States Army, Gad bless it!" He is so funny and he loves saying things like that, because he used to be in the air force.
Love you all!
Elder Durrant

I'm glowing with pure awesomeness!!!   
This is cool!
This is why I do most of the cooking 
This is why I do most of the cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment