-

-

Monday, July 6, 2015

E-mail 07/06/2015

Hallelujah! My first 12 weeks are over!
The sad part about it is that Elder Chandler is leaving, and is becoming a District Leader up in Indiana, and I'm staying here for another 6 weeks.
Well Thursday we had gone on exchange and I went up to Radcliffe with the DL's companion, and he came down with Elder Chandler, and even though I was up there, we went on four 30 min bike rides to and from Vine Grove, AND WE HAD A CAR!  But I guess I deserved it for taking him on a 5 mile round about way the first time I was with him. I even kept up with him on Elder Nailers (the DL) broken bike, so that was a fun day.
On Friday We had Zone meeting and we got 2 flash flood warnings, that was fun.  By the time we finished, the rain had stopped, so me and Elder Chandler biked over to an investigates house and had a BBQ, that was a lot of fun.  THEN after that we had to bike over to another investigates house because he was going to help us move some people out of there house, and the rain had started up again so we were soaked by the time we got to his house, and it didn't let up until later that night.  There is way too much water over here and we are only getting the bottom part of the storms.
Saturday was a good day.  When we got up, we headed right to the church, we did some of our studies, and then we got the baptismal font ready for an 8 year old boy, that is always cool to see someone get baptized.  Then what was even cooler was we where invited to be in the circle for the laying on of hand for the Gift of the Holy Ghost, it was awesome!!!  Then for a few hours, we just tried to see people, with little success. At 7:00 we went over to the Harper's (the ones that Baptized their 8 year old) and spent the rest of the night with them, which was a lot of fun, and Elder Chandler showed us all a new game that I will be sending video.
It is so weird to hear that another Spiritual giant has gone home, Elder Packer was amazing!
Well I'll let you know who my new companion is next week when I get him tomorrow.
Love Y'all
Elder Durrant

(He sent video of them playing the game, but they didn't work, so I'll have him send them again and upload them later.)

Elder Chandler's victory smile
The boy that was baptized really likes this game  
This little boy tried to get me with his magic powers
Some of their fire works

No comments:

Post a Comment