-

-

Monday, December 7, 2015

E-mail 12/07/2015

Hello everybody! I came across a new word, so as I'm writing this letter, I will be using my most interesting sprechstimme.

     Monday, we were with the other two Elders, Bro. Roy and his son for most of the day, it was a lot of fun.
     Tuesday, we did a lot of service, like we always do on Tuesdays, but in between we tried to go see a guy that we had talked to earlier, but he wasn't home so we did more service! Then we got to teach some more people, like Dennie, he is awesome and is so excited for baptism.
     Wednesday, Bro. Roy took us to the bike shop because the bike that Elder Morrow got, the tires were dry rotten so we had to get him new ones. We got that done and took Bro. Roy to lunch for all that he does for us. That evening we taught a young man at the YM's presidents home. Later we saw a lass active family, and the husband was working on a car for a friend, so I got to use some of the car fixing knowledge that Dad taught me. I held that flashlight in just the right place for him. Then he was nice enough to give us a ride home in the car.
     Thursday, we did weekly planning, then that evening we went out with a member to see a part member family. It was great, because we have been trying to get in to see them for months, and so now we are "finally" teaching them.
     Friday was AWESOME! We had zone meeting and one of the coolest things I learned was... go to the Guide to the scriptures, then to "Joy", read the first line and look what the synonym for it is. Then that night we were going to go on an exchange with the Zone Leaders, but there were some things that came up so we didn't do it.
     Saturday was soooo cooold! By afternoon it got warmer and we got to see Dennie again. We helped our landlord clean our gutters. That wasn't too bad, but I don't think it was cleaned last year. Then we went to the church to teach the bible study class, but no one showed up.
     Sunday was interesting. Our branch president had some surgery this past week, so he wasn't at church, so the stake presidency came and took care of some of the things that needed to be done. Then we watched the Christmas Devotional at the Roy's, it was great, but Hunter gave me a hard time because I couldn't point out my family out of the thousands of people there.

Love you all!
Elder Durrant

Great Kentucky Louisville Mission

My three companions still in the mission.
Elder Chander one of the Zone Leaders, Me,
Elder Koenig, and Elder Morrow

No comments:

Post a Comment