Monday, August 31, 2015

E-mail 08/31/2015

What an amazing two weeks!
First off, sorry everyone for not sending a family letter last week.

Tuesday the 18th, was transfers, and I was put into a threeship with
Elder Johnson and Elder Wallace, in one of the suburbs of Louisville.
I have know seen the outside of Church Hill Downs. Then, get this,
the area was split in two so there are two other missionaries
covering the second part. They are living in our apartment until
the mission gets approval from the church for their apartment, so as
you can imagine it gets interesting around here; especially with only
one key to the apartment.

Wednesday the 19th, Me and Elder Wallace are new to the area, so Elder
Johnson is showing us around. He has an amazing memory; Elder Wallace
calls him his walking computer.  We really just spent most of the
day seeing some people and getting to know the area.

Thursday the 20th we had district meeting, and we had to have the Zone
Leaders pick up all 5 of us because they have a mini van, that was
fun. This is a very unique district, there are the 3 Elders in my
group, the 2 Elders in the new area, the District Leader and his
companion, the companion being one of the Elders that came out with
me, our Zone Leaders, one of them being my first district leader so
that's cool, and the 2 Assistants to the President. Yes, I would
say that this is an awesome district. Then after the meeting we went
over to the office, because it's right next door to the church
building we had the meeting at and we finally got our bus passes.  It
will make travel so much better.

Friday the 21st, we had our weekly planning, then got to see people
and teach them, and got to know the area more.

Saturday the 22nd, we went to a house to go see someone that the other
elders talked with and sent us there info. Well, the person we went to
see wasn't there but we ended up teaching the other people that lived
there and it went amazingly well. Just as we were finishing
up, the guy that we originally went to see showed up and so we left each one of
them with a Book of Mormon .

Sunday the 23rd we had church at 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. It's just
a branch right now, but it could easily get turned into a ward. Then I
really can't remember what else we did that night but talk with people
on the side walk.

Monday the 24th, We had run out of Book of Mormons, so we had asked
the assistants to bring us some boxes of them. When they came we
had them give us a ride to the store and back. We spent a lot
of time cleaning the place and mowing the lawn.  YES we have a lawn!
That is one of the little things I didn't think I would miss. We
finally made it to the library to email, and that is why I didn't have
time to send a family letter last week.

Tuesday the 25th, we went over to a place to help them with some
heavy lifting of furniture that they take to people that need it.  It was a lot of fun doing that and then our ride left us so we walked 2-3 miles and then got on a bus the last 3 miles. Got home, got something to eat, changed into our white shirts and ties headed over to the church and helped with the Bishops Storehouse truck, then went to work for the rest of the day.

Wednesday the 26th, Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Thursday the 27th, we had district meeting and this time we had the
assistants pick us up, but right before we left one of the other
Elders needed to get back into the apartment so Elder Wallace threw
the keys to him.  They landed on the roof, so I got video of them
getting it off; it was so funny!  After the meeting we had an exchange where Elder Wallace went with our District leader, Elder
Butler, who was Elder Wallace's MTC companion, and Elder Sharp came
with me and Elder Johnson. That was cool and the the other 2 Elders
finally moved out. It's not like I didn't like them but it's nice
having a lot more room.  We then had our coordination meeting with the
branch mission leader Brother Roy and his wife at the church. He made us dinner and it was good, but I still haven't had anything that beats your cooking Mom! ;) We spent the rest of the evening seeing people with the Roy's.

Friday the 28th, President Brough came at 6:30 a.m. to get Elder
Johnson because he was being reassigned and we will miss him.  Elder Sharp and I took the bus to go meet up with Elder Butler and
Elder Wallace. We ended up getting a free tour of the U. of L.
Campus because the bus had to take a detour. After all of that we had
weekly planning when we got back. Then biked all the way to the
other end of our area to have dinner with some members, the Schmucks. It's pronounced Schmook, like book.  He and his parents are
from Austria and his wife is from Utah.
Saturday the 29th was trying to see a lot of people that weren't home.
And then I got something in my back tire that flattened it even with
the slime. We were blessed and ran into someone that is a private
investigator.  He just gave me a whole new tube. That was awesome.

Sunday the 30th we went to go see some members that we didn't know,
and one of them ended up feeding us hamburgers that were very good!

Love you all! Talk with you next week!
Elder Durrant
Great Kentucky Louisville Mission

Sister Roy, Elder Durrant, Elder Johnson 
Elder Durrant , Elder Johnson 
Elder Sharp, Elder Matelau , Elder Seymore 

Brother and Sister Roy out with the Missionaries at Brother and Sister Payne's

No comments:

Post a Comment